Menu
Home Page

History of the School

Picture 1
The school is named after James Chuter Ede who assisted R.A. Butler in drawing up the 1944 Education Act. He later became Home Secretary in the post war Labour Government.

The school opened in 1964 in Main Street where the church hall is currently situated and was then called Balderton Main Street Primary School.

The present building opened in January 1967 and has been extended substantially since. A new annex to the school was built in Fernwood Village and opened in September 2012.
Top