Welcome to Year 4!
Use our Year 4 page to find lots of information and links to useful websites to help you with your learning.
Balderton site - The teachers in Year 4 are Miss Fell and Mrs MacNish. They are supported by Mrs Thorpe, Mrs Bowes, Mrs Sheldon and Calum Law.
Fernwood site - The teacher in Year 4 is Miss Jones. She is supported by Miss Sanderson.
Our Topics this year:
- Who were The Romans and The Celts? What influence did they have? (History based)
- How does light and sound affect our lives? (Science based)
- Can you un-boil an egg? (Science based)
- Can you show me the way to...? (History and Geography based)
- Why did Robin Hood choose Nottinghamshire? (History and Geography based)
- How are living things suited to their environment? (Science and Georgraphy based)
Throughout all of our topics we link in as many different subject areas as possible (eg: Art, DT, music) to create a cross curricular approach to learning.
Useful things to remember:
- PE kits are to be kept in school all week. Initially our PE sessions will be on Friday afternoons until February half term. After February half term we will continue to have PE on a Friday afternoon and will also have PE on a Tuesday morning.
- From September until February half term you will need your swimming kit every Thursday morning.
- Maths and English homework - Maths and English homework will be set alternate weeks with a clear hand in date.
- Topic homework - This will be the form of a pre-learning task for our topic or project based. We will ensure the date is written on the homework as to when this needs to be handed in.