Welcome to Year 2!
The Teachers in Year 2 2020-21 are:
Balderton site - Mrs Good and Mrs Atkinson with Miss Bentley
Mrs Page with Mrs Redgate.
Fernwood site - Mrs Pennick and Mrs Briggs-Price with Mrs Watson, Mrs Johnson and Mrs Robson.
Our work included:
* ...exploring food chains.
* ...making a variety of beautiful art work including painting and printing inspired by Eric Carle
* … learning about the life and inventions of Jacques Cousteau.
* ...finding out about all kinds of creatures that live in the seas and oceans- exploring this as a habitat.
* ... locating the oceans and seas around the world.
* ...comparing habitats.
* ...reading a mixture of fiction and non-fiction texts set in the oceans.
'Which dinosaur would you like as a pet?'
Our work will include:
* ... exploring the time periods of the dinosaurs
*… learning all about different dinosaurs
*...learning to draw dinosaurs
*...identifying and classifying dinosaurs.
*… exploring exciting writing inspired by these fabulous texts...
Our Spring 2 learning challenge question will be...
'What do Tim Peake, Neil Armstrong and Peggy Whitson have in common?
Our work will include ...
*... exploring how to keep an astronaut healthy- what do humans need to survive?
* ...learning about the lives of significant people from history.
*… finding out about significant events in history
*… planting, growing and observing bulbs and seeds.
* … lots of measuring and work on time.
*… learning space-themed songs and creating music to go with them.
*… portrait drawing.
*… writing inspired by these amazing texts...