Welcome to Year 4!
Use our Year 4 page to find lots of information and links to useful websites to help you with your learning.
Balderton site - The teachers in Year 4 are Miss A Fell, Mrs E Atkinson and Mrs S MacNish. They are supported by Mrs E Thorpe, Mr C Law and Mrs S Morley.
Fernwood site - The teacher in Year 4 is Miss H Bakin. She is supported by Mrs M Munslow, Mrs L Munton and Mrs R Thorn.
Our topics this year:
- How did the Romans influence Britain? (History based)
- How does light and sound affect our lives? (Science based)
- Reversible and irreversible changes (Science based)
- Can you show me the way to...? (History and Geography based - local area study)
- Why did Robin Hood choose Nottinghamshire? (History and Geography based)
- How are living things suited to their environment? (Science and Geography based)
Throughout all of our topics we link in as many different subject areas as possible (eg: Art, DT, music) to create a cross curricular approach to learning.
Useful things to remember:
- PE kits are to be worn to school on a Monday. PE will be outdoors.
- From 5th November until February half term, Balderton children only will need to come in their swimming kit every Thursday morning with their PE kit on top. Please remember this is a one piece costume for girls and tight/fitted trunks for boys. No jewellery is to be worn and long hair needs to be tied back.
- Remember to bring a water bottle into school each day.
- Times Table Rockstars/ Read Theory – please practise these every week at home.
- Try to read a book and practise your spellings regularly at home too.
Useful Websites and Links