Welcome to Year 4!
Use our Year 4 page to find lots of information and links to useful websites to help you with your learning.
Balderton site - The teachers in Year 4 are Miss A Fell and Mrs S MacNish. They are supported by Mrs E Thorpe and Ms K Edwards.
Fernwood site - The teacher in Year 4 is Mrs K Owen. She is supported by Mrs M Munslow.
Our Topics this year:
- How did the Romans influence Britain? (History based)
- How does light and sound affect our lives? (Science based)
- Reversible and irreversible changes (Science based)
- Can you show me the way to...? (History and Geography based - local area study)
- Why did Robin Hood choose Nottinghamshire? (History and Geography based)
- How are living things suited to their environment? (Science and Geography based)
Throughout all of our topics we link in as many different subject areas as possible (eg: Art, DT, music) to create a cross curricular approach to learning.
Useful things to remember:
- PE kits are to be kept in school for the whole half term. If you are part of an after school club, please bring a spare kit on this day. Initially our PE sessions will be on Friday afternoons until February half term. After February half term we will continue to have PE on a Friday afternoon and will also have PE on a Tuesday morning.
- From September until February half term you will need your swimming kit every Thursday morning. Please remember this is a one piece costume for girls and tight/fitted trunks for boys. No jewellery is to be worn and long hair should be tied back.
- Maths and English homework - Maths and English homework will be set alternate weeks with a clear hand in date.
- Topic homework - This will be the form of a pre-learning task for our topic or project based. We will ensure the date is written on the homework as to when this needs to be handed in.
- Times Table Rockstars / Read Theory - please practise these every week at home.