Welcome to Year 4!
Use our Year 4 page to find lots of information and links to useful websites to help you with your learning.
Balderton site - The teachers in Year 4 are Miss A Fell, Mrs H Allan and Mrs S MacNish. They are supported by Mrs E Thorpe, Mr C Law, Mr L Riley, Miss E Dodd and Mrs S Bloomfield.
Fernwood site - The teacher in Year 4 is Miss H Bakin. She is supported by Mrs M Munslow.
Our topics this year:
- How did the Romans influence Britain? (History based)
- How does light and sound affect our lives? (Science based)
- Reversible and irreversible changes (Science based)
- Can you show me the way to...? (History and Geography based - local area study)
- Why did Robin Hood choose Nottinghamshire? (History and Geography based)
- How are living things suited to their environment? (Science and Geography based)
Throughout all of our topics we link in as many different subject areas as possible (eg: Art, DT, music) to create a cross curricular approach to learning.
Useful things to remember:
- PE kits are to be worn to school on a Monday. PE will be outdoors.
- From 9th September until February half term, children will need to come in their swimming kit every Thursday morning with their PE kit on top. Please remember this is a one piece costume for girls and tight/fitted trunks for boys. No jewellery is to be worn and long hair needs to be tied back.
- Remember to bring a water bottle into school each day.
- Times Table Rockstars/ Read Theory – please practise these every week at home.
- Try to read a book and practise your spellings regularly at home too.
Useful Websites and Links